Feature Requests

Coordinator
Apr 6, 2007 at 3:08 PM
Edited Apr 6, 2007 at 3:21 PM
This thread will be dedicated to suggesting feature requests to be added to future versions.
Coordinator
Apr 6, 2007 at 3:21 PM
The following is a compliation of those I have pulled from various commented I have received so far...

- Rebuild in .NET 2.0
- Start a site by double clicking the name
- New sites do not show up in the tray context menu until the appliation is minimized
- Make it an option to start in tray on Windows startup
- Display the physical path of the sites created within IIsAdmin.NET
- Add Vista support
- Add selection of .NET version and possible creation based on templates
- Make it a single instance application
- Make column headers sort
- Allow navigation to home directory in explorer from IIsAdmin.NET UI and tray context menu
Apr 24, 2009 at 2:17 PM
Has there been any progress with the upgrade? This is an invaluable tool for me while developing locally on my PC. Now I am planning to move to Vista and wanted to see if teh existing version would work on Vista (which I see as a feature request above - so am guessing that it won't currently).
May 17, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Though I cannot say anything (positive) about Vista, I have gotten this utility running under multiple Windows 7 installations. There are two major requirements:

• You must install .Net Framework 1.1 with SP1 slip-streamed, as shown here: http://saranspot.blogspot.com/2009/02/installing-dotnet-framework-11-on.html
  • You must enable IIS 6 configuration compatibility components, do this in "Turn Windows features on or off"

Hope this helps someone..

Dylan